UPSR & SPM LEARNING CENTRE

Search

2020年2月9日星期日

Simple Future Tense + Exercise & Answer


2.1.3 Simple Future Tense
The Simple Future Tense is formed by combining the modal verb ‘will’ / ‘shall’ with the base form of a verb.
Modal verb ‘will’/ ‘shall’ + Base form of a verb

‘Going To’ Form(即将要)

The ‘Going To’ Form is formed by combining the auxiliary verb ‘am’ / ‘is’ / ‘are’, ‘going to’ and the base form of a verb.
Auxiliary verb (am/is/are) + ‘Going To’ + Base form of a verb
The ‘going to’ form is used:
1)     to talk about future action, especially a planned action.                                     
  (Ann and Benny are going to tour Australia next month.)
2)     to show that something is sure to happen.                                                        
  (The election is going to take place next week.)




A. Fill in the blanks with the simple “WILL” future tense of the verbs in brackets.
1)     L.K. __________________ (accompany) you to the post office next Monday.
2)     The postman ________ probably ________ (deliver) the parcel to me this afternoon.
3)     My brother   _________________ (reply) to his pen pal’s letter in a while.
B. Rewrite the following sentences, using the ‘going to’ form of the verbs in brackets.
1. I promised I (visit) my grandparents next Wednesday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. My husband and I (paint) our new house next weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Let’s stay indoors. It (rain).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. I am thirsty. I (drink) a glass of water to quench my thirst.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. They are not feeling well. Instead of taking Panadol, they (see) a doctor in a while
as the Wuhan virus is widely spread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  



Answers :
A: will accompany / will deliver / will reply

B:
 I promised I'm going to visit my grandparents next Wednesday.
My husband and I are going to paint our new house next weekend.
Let's stay indoors. It's going to rain.
I am thirsty. I'm going to drink a glass of water to quench my thirst.
They are not feeling well. Instead of taking Panadol, they're going to see a doctor in a while as the Wuhan virus is widely spread.

没有评论:

发表评论